Administrator role (part-time), New Policy Institute, September 2017
Location: Bethnal Green, London
Hours: 1½ days (11¼ hours) per week.
Salary: £7,500 p.a. (£25,000 full-time equivalent)
The New Policy Institute, an independent think tank and research consultancy (www.npi.org.uk), is seeking to recruit a part-time Administrator to work in our London office. The role involves a variety of admin responsibilities as well as opportunities to support research in this small and close-knit team.
In the first instance, the appointment will be for a fixed term of one year.
The application should take the form of a short CV and a covering letter sent by email to: email@example.com. The letter must explain both why working for NPI interests you and why you think you would be right for this role at NPI. You should include the names of two referees but we will not approach them without asking you first.
NPI is an equal opportunity employer, and all jobs are open to anyone, regardless of race, sex disability, sexuality, age or religious belief.
The deadline for application is noon on Thursday 19 October 2017.
The successful applicant will have:
- 2 years proven experience in an office environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a friendly telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivated & proactive approach to work; able to organise own workload and carry out tasks with minimal support
- Good time management skills, punctual and reliable
- Strong team player and a collaborative worker
- Good level of IT literacy to provide IT support under the guidance
- Interest in and commitment to the work of NPI